We are located at 161 Lafayette Boulevard, Long Beach, NY 11561. Founded in 1943, the Sephardic Congregation of Long Beach is possibly the oldest Sephardic house of worship on Long Island.
Rabbi Asher Abittan guided the congregation for more than half a century. Since his untimely p’tirah in 2006, Rebbitzen Ida, his children, grandchildren and students continue his legacy.
The congregation is currently being led by Rabbi Abittan’s students, Rabbi David Bibi and Rabbi Michael Wagner in association with Rabbi Meyer Abittan and Rabbi Chaim Abittan. Outreach programming & children’s services are under the supervision of Rabbi Yosef Colish. And our resident scholars are Rabbi Aharon Siegel and Baruch Abittan.